Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Departure Day

Well it's 5:00am and I'm sitting in the departure lounge and amazingly everything has been checked in. I bought two seats on the small Dash 8 plane that goes from Townsville to Cairns and then Cairns to Horn Island. This would ensure I wouldn't have problems with all my luggage. It's amazing how the 10m Spiderbeam mast fits into a 1.3m long box - good thing too because the maximum length oversized cargo that is allowed in this small plane is only 1.4m long!!! The other box that was 1.2m long contained the Spiderbeam 10-15-20m tribander and the tripod.

Going through security is always interesting, one bag with my laptop and paperwork was OK, but the backpack raised some eyebrows as it contained the Icom IC706MKIIG, power supply, antenna switch, SWR meter, CAT interface and headphones - I think they were more surprised at how much could fit in the bag rather than the contents themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment